The Bad: Dad is in Bottsford Hospital since last Thursday due to blood clots in his leg.
The Good: I'm glad they caught them in time, and they're only superficial clots and not deep.
The Bad: Dad has tried several times to leave The Marquette House, and has even managed to escape two times -even though he's got a tether on his leg.
The Good: At least, for the time being, he has to stay in the hospital for a few days to get a shot everyday that his insurance will not cover if he returned to the nursing home. There is a "sitter" in his room round the clock.
The Bad: I have to serve on a jury court for the next few days. I'll be in court from 9 - 4 o'clock, then hightail it to work my job from 5 - midnight.
The Good: It will give me a couple extra bucks, and it's an experience I've never experienced before. The week will go by fast, I'm sure.
The Bad: I slept until 2:30 Saturday and didn't make it to the Ghost Conference.
The Good: It will be fun attending the workshops they'll have, one a month for 5 months.
The Bad: I got lost, as usual, in Detroit after I left my jury summons - turning what should be a half hour trip into a 90 minute tour, which included hitting one squirrel and almost a second.
The Good: I made it home and took a comforting afternoon nap
The Bad: Aunt Jeannie's grandson, or his friend, stole lots of silver change (no pennies, mostly quarters) that filled two mugs that were on my dad's dresser last week when they were helping her move her things out, and into her new apartment.
The Good: She should have everything out by the end of the week.
The Good: My birthday is in one week from today!
The Good: ...The Good will always come out on top.
1 comment:
cool contrasts - i enjoyed this, how life is a mix of good and bad, simple and difficult, hard and easy times -
sounds like you have a great sense of balance.
I will say a prayer for your dad.
Post a Comment