Monday, November 10, 2008

Things We Remember, Honoring Veterans, Mail Mystery

TODAY I SMILED…
~ Treating dad to fish & chips, his favorite meal, at Mexican Fiesta, one of our all-time favorite restaurants. Even though his memory seems to be growing worse by the day, he remarks “I think I’ve been in here before” after we walk in.

~ A nurse, sitting behind the desk at dad’s eye doctor, stands and shakes his hand before we leave. With thoughtfulness she says “I won’t be seeing you tomorrow but thank you.” I find it a bit strange and wonder why she said it. It doesn’t dawn on me until we are back at his place, over an hour later, that tomorrow is Veterans Day and he was wearing his 51st Fighter Group hat.

~ Receiving November’s issue of “The Book of Alexia”, which used to be Alhambra’s mailing, in today’s mail. Once upon a time this 12-page pamphlet was free. Now it goes for $1.50 wherever it’s sold. I don’t subscribe to it but I enjoy it when I see it. I have no idea why this surprise was sent to me.




~~~ SMOKIE WAITING FOR HIS BEDTIME STORY

1 comment:

LarryG said...

great for folks to give the vets love!

have a great week M!