Saturday, December 6, 2008

Games with dad, False Alarm, Good meal

TODAY I SMILED...

~ Spending the afternoon with dad playing an intense Checkers game, which ended with a three kings versus three kings tie, followed up with one and a half games of Yatzee.

~ Dad points to his card in the last game of Bingo played with 30 or so senior citizens, staff, and me, telling me he has only one more number before a straight line Bingo can be called. I whisper that we’re in a cover all game, so if it’s called, don’t yell “Bingo!” Naturally, as fate enjoys humor every now and then, that number is the next called. He looks at me wide-eyed. I say “don’t call it!” “…BiINGO!” I reassure everyone the game is still on.

~ Dinner at Max & Erma’s with dad, Liz, Bob and AJ was very good (and quite cheap!) tonight. I simply had a bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup for my main meal, accompanying it with a overloaded stuffed potato.

No comments: