Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Hours, Surprise addition, A few yards away

TODAY I SMILED...

~ Having our “Work To 8:30” shift cut an hour and being sent away early to enjoy the rest of 2008.

~ Meeting up with Aunt Jeannie, Liz, and Bob, at
Hawthorne Valley for dinner. Our crew originally thought we’d have today off, and so I planned to go out with them. Due to a vote on Sunday, the majority led us to unfortunately work until 8:30, rather than 6:30, and have Saturday off. I told my family I couldn’t join them for dinner after receiving our work schedule but, yay!, fate had plans of her own.

~ After arriving early at the restaurant at 8:00, I asked if our “Reserved For 8:30” table was ready. I was told it was being cleaned and would be ready soon. I sat in the hall and waited for my family to arrive. At 8:25, I went back in to see if the table was ready, and waited for my family. At 8:30, I was given the table, and waited for my family. I was given our bread basket and water, and waited for my family …and waited and waited and waited and waited. I got up to leave at 8:50, wondering if things were OK with my family. I heard a voice yell at me as I walked to my car. I thought it was the waiter ready to charge me for the bread stick I ate. I then heard my name and thought “How do they know my name? I never gave it to them.” I turned about and it was Bob. They arrived ahead of time and had been seated at 8:00, probably just before I arrived, and were finishing their salads at the opposite side of the room in which I just sat moments before.

No comments: