Friday, September 25, 2009

Wonderful Welcome, Wake Up Call, Fringe

TODAY I SMILED...

~ After opening the door to Eva’s room dad sees me, gives me a big smile and exclaims “There’s my sweetheart!” I go over to give him a kiss and big hug. His Alzheimer’s may be getting worse but he still remembers me when he sees me.

~ I was a bit nervous last night when I saw that my alarm clock was broken. I needed to get up early this morning to fill dad’s pill case and bring it to him before I left for work. I called Aunt Jeannie late last night to see if she could ring me at 9:30 this morning to make sure I was awake. I woke up very early today (well, my eyes were open) but I went to semi-snooze on the chair, knowing she’d be calling. At 9:30, right before she calls, Smokie comes pouncing on me as if he knew it was wake up time and his task was to make sure I did so!

~ After my Friday night ghost shows, I watch Thursday’s episode of Fringe on-line. It’s my favorite show and I love being able to catch up with it when I have the time since I work during its slotted broadcast time. I have seen every episode and yet never off the tellie!

NEWS OF THE DAY: I visited dad today, and gave the nurses his pills for next week. Eva looked very tired. Dad was very much alert, very happy to see me. He doesn't remember my name anymore but he knows me when he sees me. He spends much of the day in Eva's room, yet doesn't recall her name either. It's funny how the brain works. Eva keeps bringing up how much money they could save if they moved in together. This may be so but her health is deteriorating more (she is 95), and dad's Alzheimer's is getting worse.

No comments: